Do Jang Etiquette Do’s and Don’ts:
- Bow upon entering and leaving the Do Jang.
- Do not engage in loud conversation or disruptive activities.
- Students should always remain silent when watching or participating in forms or sparring.
- Do not wear watches or jewelry into the Do Jang.
- Do not chew gum or use tobacco products in the Do Jang.
- Wear a clean properly marked uniform with the appropriate belt.
- Avoid drinking water, use water only to wash your mouth out during training.
- Students should make an effort to notify the instructor in advance if an absence is anticipated.
- Students should learn and use proper Do Jang terminology.
- When seated on the floor, students should sit with good posture, hands should be placed on the knees, the back should be straight and the legs should be crossed in front with the feet tucked beneath the thighs.
- If a student needs to be recognized, the student should raise their hand and wait to be acknowledged by the instructor or senior student. Students should bow the instructor, senior student, or opponent.
- When responding to an instructor or senior student the junior student should say, “Yes Sir/Mam” or No Sir/Mam”, as appropriate.